Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another UFO for Halloween


In keeping with the UFO theme, here is my Baby Sweater on Two Needles by Elizabeth Zimmermann. It is also commonly known as the "February Baby Sweater" and therefore I guess I should make it my goal to, at the very latest, finish it by February... we'll see. This is what Elizabeth Zimmermann had to say about handknit garments for babies:

"Although babies rarely, if ever, express their pleasure at being dressed in wool, it is surely manifest when you dote on a small plump person soundly and contentedly asleep, swaddled in woollen sweater, woollen leggings, and a soft wool bonnet, snugly tucked under a fine warm wool blanket."

The pattern for this sweater can be found in "Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac". If you knit, and don't own the book, you need to get up and buy it right now! It is easily the greatest five bucks you will ever spend on a knitting book.



If you're out browsing the web today, make sure to check out Behind the Wool Shack. It is the blog counterpart for Australia's most innovative Internet knitting store, The Wool Shack. They have just started a knit-a-long of my French Press Felted Slippers. This passed weekend I had a huge influx of Australian pattern orders and went searching for the culprit. Many people have signed up for the KAL and will be sending photo updates as they go. I'm excited to see the resuts and totally flattered!

1 comment:

  1. That sweater is adorable. The lace is so nice (something I didn't quite get to before I had to stop knitting, but always wanted to) and I love that color. Such a frothy, sky/water blue. Looks crazy on two needles!!

    ReplyDelete