Monday, October 25, 2010

Rhinebeck- What I Wore




Soon after posting Rhinebeck pics last week I got a few comments from people wondering what handknits I wore to this knitterly event.  Some knits were totally new- some you have seen before...here's the recap.


This sweater you have obviously seen a few times in the past weeks.  It is an original design that I finished the week before Rhinebeck and plan on writing up as a pattern.



The red cowl around my neck was my new Aravis Cowl that I did up in Malabrigo Ravelry Red.  I wanted to bring out the red buttons of the cardigan. I actually picked the buttons for the cardigan before I even picked the yarn!

On my head I had my freshly blocked (actually went into the car wet) Selbu Modern.  Selbu Modern was the very first pattern I 'favorited' on Ravelry and I'm so glad I finally got a chance to make one.   The great news for you is that this is a free pattern by Kate Gagnon Osborn.  If you haven't tried colorwork here's your chance!


                                           
                                                        

My mittens have made an appearance here before- back in January when I completed them.  The pattern is NHM #7 from Selbuvotter.  You can find more info on my 'Girly Mitts' on Ravelry here.


The head band in the picture was my car project on the drive out to New York.  Inspired by Anthropologie's Plaited Headwrap, it was a nice mindless knit to work on in a dark car.  I'll have more details of how I made it soon.


I think that just about sums it up, folks!  It was fun to attend a big knitting event where I felt comfortable (or required) wearing more than one handknit at a time.  What's your go-to knit?  Does something in your wardrobe get more use than other knits?

16 comments:

  1. the ones I always seems to wear are the Pimlico shrug from Knit 2 Together and my fingerless mittens, of course. You look great in all your knitterly goodness and baby glowingness, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I don't have much knitted items in my wardrobe, and if I have, they're not made by myself. What a shame, I know...

    But I have a puff sleeve cardigan which I absolutely adore, and this one I knitted specially to myself. I always get a lot of compliments if I wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to wear a hat I just knitted up. However, I am still so new to knitting, that I don't have a lot of things yet. I love the head band idea, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, you look so gorgeous! What a glowing momma!!! And the handknits - LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything!! You look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweater and the headband, very very cute.
    I just finished my Reformation Day sweater. It's 100% alpaca, and is the perfect blend of comfortable and tailored. I wear it every day in my frigid office. Since it's not full-swing fall temperatures here yet I usually take it off mid-day. Totally my go-to sweater right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a rectangular shawl person. Wear them with everything, use them as scarves, blankets, and even as a shawl :)

    Love the headband and can't wait until you share how you made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with how coordinated all your handknits look together - if I wear multiples, they tend to look a little crazy. Apparently, I have a wide and varied color palette!
    Can't wait to see the pattern for that cardi - baby #3 is due Feb. 1, and cardis are the only sweater type for me right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sweater is beautiful! i hope you can publish it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all! The reds all look so great together. Gets me excited for the Holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the headwrap/headband! I cant wait to hear more about it. I saw this headwrap from anthro and loved loved loved it. I thought about using my pattern for a scarf that i made last year (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/bellevett/the-big-braid) and just kind of downscaling the design. I will be looking forward to your post on this headband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How seriously cute do you look?!! I love all the knits, and the wearing of all the knits at once! But that red is just fabulous!

    Love your new designs and will miss you at Stitches East!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In another post, I commented that I loved your hat! It looks so cute on you!! So I was looking through my Rav queue, and there it was... I knew I really liked it... LOL! Great job, I've not made anything quite that wonderful yet! I like small quick stuff! I have been making a ton of baby hats!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the knits you wore!! I love how many you managed to pile on without looking a bit overkill- I'm pretty impressed!

    ReplyDelete