Friday, January 7, 2011

First FO of 2011

*huh?!... a new sweater already?

As I mentioned last week, it didn't take long to get my first FO of the New Year off the needles.  On Sunday night (yup...the 2nd!) I finished this Maile Sweater for Elise. Now that the Little Lamby is getting a bit too snug on my growing babe, we decided it was time to add another handknit to her wardrobe (as if she doesn't have enough). 

This is a free pattern by Nikki Van De Car that you can find here on her blog, What To Knit When You're Expecting.  The pint-size cardi knit up in two days and I love the final result. Its a touch big now, which gives us a little time to grow in to it.  I'll have to post again when she is filling it out a little more so you can better see some of the fine detail.


I ended up using the extra yarn from my Rhinebeck Cardigan- Plucky Primo- such an amazing yarn to work with.  With merino, cashmere, and nylon- what's not to love.  I'm sure Elise appreciates the touch of luxury as well :)  


Along with matching yarn- our cardigans also sport matching buttons- we'll have to be careful not to mistakenly  wear our copycat knits on the same day!


**If you haven't done so yet, check out the post/free pattern from yesterday and stop by the knit-a-long thread in the French Press Knits Ravelry group- the more the merrier!

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, I could just pinch her cheeks! :-) (Not really. Maybe lots of little kisses. And the sweater is adorable, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks adorable! Love the sweater, love the headband, love that baby-face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable Elise is! Super cute girl in a super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que fofura!! E tua bebê é uma graçinha!
    Bjs

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks supercute in the red and grey!! that new sweater is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh...now that is just plain adorable! Love the hits of red! So fun! She's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd be adorable twinkies in your matching sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to wear the matching sweaters it would be so cute! She is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one big fat beautiful baby! (and I am not one of those who find all babies beautiful!)
    Sweater is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she looks beautiful in the grey sweater and I adore the red accents with the buttons and headband too. I am sure you both look beautiful wearing your sweaters at the same time too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! I love the red buttons...just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so cute with this beautiful cardi and the headband!!!

    ReplyDelete