Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nursery Chair Reupholstery




As promised, a little catch up. Although knitting fell by the wayside for a few months, crafting wasn't totally forgotten. Sometime in early July, I was consumed with a chair redo. Somehow, I managed to change this:

To this:


And finally to this:



I searched for months for the perfect chair for Elise's nursery. After many hours of looking, I finally settled on a custom chair and was all ready to order. When placing my order, we discoverd that the fabric I wanted had been discontinued. Discouraged by the mere thought of all the hours wasted, I decided I would do it myself.

Big. mistake.

It's not that I don't like how it turned out- it's more the fact that my daughter was seven months old before her room was really put together. Interested in how it looks in place? Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. wow you really are back. I was worried you were just spoofing us. looking forward to getting caught up with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was getting worried too! But speaking from personal experience, summers are super busy!! Love the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair, the colours of the cover are fab. I'm sure Elise will not remember she had to wait for her nursery to be finished!

    ReplyDelete