Thursday, February 25, 2010

Extra Special Birthday Gift

First of all, thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes last week. We rolled in my 28th year in style, complete with a trip to the French Laundry- yum! Before dinner, I opened gifts; one of which I want to share with you here.


I have mentioned the Knitter's Rule on my blog before. It seems I finally dropped enough hints to get one for my birthday :) By this time, many of you have seen products by KaratStix in some venue. I'm pretty sure she has been featured in every knitting magazine I look through.

What I didn't know was all her products can be personalized. Imagine my surprise when

1.) I finally received the super stylish needle gauge I'd been hoping for for months,

and

2.) My Knitter's Rule had carved images of my very own designs!



Take a look at this close up pic, anything look familiar?
I was absolutely giddy when I saw my slippers, Breckenridge Cowl, and FPK logo on my new needle gauge. If this wasn't enough, it came with a bonus gift! The holes for the large needles are saved and turned into stitch markers:

How clever is that?

If you haven't checked out her products, you can buy directly from her Etsy shop. And great news for all you LYS owners- Karen wholesales these beauties as well! I know I will be recommending them to every LYS that I frequent. You can find more info on her website.

So if you were to order a personalized needle gauge, do you have anything special you would put on?

10 comments:

  1. wow, that is soooo thoughtful! I'll have to drop my own hints for one with my urbanknitfits logo and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Karatstix's products! She really outdid herself on your personalized needle gauge. It would be a toss-up to ask for either pics of my kitties or the pink panther on mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool. I have not seen Karastix's products before! Just the stitch markers themselves are awesome. And then, you got a fantastic needle gauge! I will also have to drop hints! I would have to have a beagle and a coonhound on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cool!! I haven't seen her shop before, but I'm definitely adding it to my favorites. Your rule is totally awesome. I would certainly have something related to my blog on mine, and maybe a greyhound too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Karatstix! What a thoughtful gift. I have no idea what I'd want to personalize mine with; probably so many things I'd end up with like 8 gauge things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift! I am so jealous of your visit to the French Laundry. We just bought Kellers new book, Ad Hoc. It suppose to be his 'home cookbook'. We love the recipes and clear instruction and both my husband and I love to cook, but his home recipe for braised beef ribs was intense! I'm glad I had help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I am opening a shop and I will be checking her out! Thanks


    http://lileesgram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what an awesome gift!! I haven't seen that before and I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, Happy Belated! Secondly, I LOVE to eat at French Laundry and thirdly I've never seen product from KaratStix, so cool! Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article provides great information about birthday gifts.No doubt birthday is an important
    Occasion in one's life.This website is offering nice collection of birthday Gifts... Extra Special Birthday Gift for some one very special...

    ReplyDelete