This weekend I decided to do a swatch test. The pattern I'm working on is drawn up, I've made a couple small 'practice items' to help me decide what kind of construction I would like to use, and it is finally time for the best part- the knitting.
The stitches you see, from bottom to top, are as follows:
1. The back side of the Bramble stitch fromA Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker, pg 129 (oops... the rest I did the wrong way, you'll just have to look it up to see what it looks like.)
3. 2x2 rib, this will be the rib along the bottom and the cuff- just wanted to see what it looked like next to some of the textures
4. Clove Stitch from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, pg 221
5. Diagonal Scallop from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns, pg 127
6. Not sure of the name, but I'm sure it has one. I was making it up as I went, but basically it was a seed stitch with a knit row between every texture row.
I think I have a winner- what is your favorite texture stitch to knit up?