Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Squam Teacher Feature

I mentioned before how excited I am to head out to New Hampshire this summer to take part in the legend known as Squam.   If you really knew how excited I was, you would know that I visit the Squam blog almost daily, stalk the Squam Ravelry group page, and get a little giddy when a new post from Squam Art Workshops pops up in my Facebook feed.

Now that you have all learned that I can get a little obsessed inspired by upcoming events, it is safe to share why I am excited about today.  Over at the Squam blog, guess who holds the Teacher Feature for February 15th 2012?!  That's right, yours truly.  Make sure you hop on over to say hi and learn a little more about me from my Squam interview.



On another (albeit related) note, have you had the chance to check out the Squam store?    There is always a new handmade offering, available for a limited time.  In the past weeks I have seen the most beautiful hand thrown cups and tumblers, gratitude journals, and now something specifically catered to us knitters.  A kit featuring a fingerless mitts pattern and yarn inspired by the beauty of Squam Lake.


The pattern comes in three sizes, two length options, and two cuff options- making it versatile for a range of knitting skill levels.  The designer of the pattern, Natalie Selles, and the dyer of the yarn, Jill Draper,  will both be teaching at the Spring Squam session (have I mentioned how excited I am to be included in such a talented group of teachers?).  Didn't make it into Squam before it filled up (and it happened so quick!)?   Ordering this knitting kit may be exactly what you need to tide you over until next January when the Squam 2013 session opens up!

Kits are available in your choice of one of the two colors shown above.  It is $30 for the kit (you'll receive the pdf pattern immediately upon ordering, your yarn will arrive in a couple weeks), but you can also buy either the yarn or pattern separately.   Find more details over at the Squam Store- and make sure you keep your eyes open in the coming months for other creative handmade offerings!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and wish (wish!!) that I could go to Squam this year. Turns out hubby is going to Canada that same weekend for work and I don't want to leave two teens at home (alone!). Thanks for reminding me to check out the store -- the mitts are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those mitts are gorgeous! Maybe a purchase *will* make me feel better about not being able to make it this year (it ends up I'll be going to visit my sister in-law in Africa instead!). But I hope I can take a class from you one day!

    P.S. Fun interview. :) (And I totally agree about the fresh baby scent.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo excited for you!!!! That is so awesome! I would LOVE to get to Squam one day. You are going to be amazing!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those mittens are gorgeous! I love your blog :)

    www.needlesandwool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete