Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weaving Days

Ok, ok- I know a made a promise yesterday about addressing weaving questions.  But first, we must rewind to June of last year, when I met the lovely Angela Tong at TNNA.

At the time, I knew her as a knitwear designer- it's quite possible you've seen her designs around.


She even recently had a design on the cover of Knit Simple Magazine.

As I started blogging a bit about weaving, Angela was always kind enough to comment, and even lead me to her Ravelry page of weaving projects.  From that moment on, I knew I had someone I could go to weaving questions (finally).

Fast forward a few more months where Angela was invited out to Craftsy Headquarters to film a class on rigid heddle weaving.


Very interactive
Ask questions, teacher will answer them
Take notes
Specific projects with a download of materials needed
print outs for calculations



If you do want to take advantage of this class, you can you this link and get a discount.


The only bummer about watching this video was that it kind of got me all excited to weave again, and by the time you read this, I will be stuck in Philly for a week of training- ugh.  My poor, lonely loom is just sitting at home waiting for me, what can a girl do?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Philly. Have a good hoagie or steak sandwich, buy yarn(?) and occasionally knit. :)

    ReplyDelete