Friday, August 10, 2012

Just in Case You Were Waiting On This

Dear most cooperative baby in my womb,

I have to admit, the past few weeks have been quite busy as we have made preparations for you.  I've had a lot on my plate, and I was praying each day that you would stay put.  Now today is the day that was assigned as your due-date, and somehow we've beaten all odds and are quite ready for your appearance.

I love the fact that you have been so obedient until this point, but now I have a new message:  We're Ready!!

And in case you were worried about your new little sweater, don't be.  It's waiting for you, too:


Yes, I know it looks a little incomplete, but the edging shall wait until you arrive.  I need to know which hat and bootie set to match, and then make the decision on which edging I will do.  So- no worries, just make an appearance!

Love, 

Mom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's true.  Today is my due date.  Since Elise was a few days early, I never thought I would make it to this point with my second, so now I admit I'm getting a little antsy.  Last night I had the first decent night of sleep that I've had all week.  I woke up early, before Joe and Elise, in order to take a long, relaxing shower and enjoy a little extra pampering time.  You know- just in case.  I'm feeling well-rested and ready for delivery (well, as ready as anyone ever wants to be I suppose).  

Will this baby listen to my plea and come today?  We all know second children are most considerate, and this babe is the product of two second children- here's hoping!

As far as the edging on my Milk sweater, I'm thinking about coordinating it with the hat and bootie sets I made last week.  So, If we end up with a little guy, it will be the variegated blue and green edging seen here: 

And if we end up with another little lady, I'll go purple:


In the original pattern, Milk has a beautiful scalloped crocheted edge.  


Can't you see why I am totally in love with this wee sweater?!?  If we have a girl, I will definitely keep the crocheted edging.  If it is a boy, I may knit a moss stitch border.  I have done up a little test swatch to practice and figure out what I like best.  Of course this means more hospital knitting, but I'm no rookie when it comes to that. Elise's coming home ensemble was waiting on gender specific button and a few extra details, too.  The only real problem I foresee is that I don't actually know how to crochet- any good tutorials out there? 



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. only the most dedicated knitter even uses the term " hospital knitting". I haven't been in the hospital to deliver a child, or really for anything , but I imagine myself packing knitting in the hospital bag as well! How exciting, and good for you to have some handknits for your little one as he or she arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally took the time to obsess about having hospital knitting with my third baby. Then packed it all when I probably should have been en route to the hospital. Then is turns out that I was too busy staring into the face of my babe to pick up needles. Thankfully once we were home she was happy to nestle into my chest and nap, and I was happy to knit while she did that! Wishing you a easy, safe delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What yarn did you use for this sweater? I love the look. Good luck with your delivery. I would love to see photos of the sweater on when baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I wish you a safe and easy delivery.
    I looked up a turorial for a pretty crochet edging...if you can knit [which you do beautifully!] I know you will get the hang of this. Good Luck!!
    http://yougogirl.typepad.com/you_go_girl/2010/03/crochet-like-crazy.html

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you were expecting a second . . . congratulations! Clearly I haven't been keeping up, but I'll be staying tuned to meet your new little guy or gal. Good luck in the last days of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful baby! So thoughtful and considerate. Prayng that all goes well...an d soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you are leaving just the final touches to make the knit even more perfect for your little surprise... oh cant wait. thinking of you1

    ReplyDelete
  8. if you don't have time to master crocheting before your wee one decides to arrive,how about a lace edging in knitting for a little girl's sweater? you could use feather and fan or gull wing,something with a ripply effect? that crochet edging doesn't look too difficult(i do crochet a little),so if you do get the time to practice,you should be able to accomplish that for the bebe.i hope you have an easy delivery and a blissful baby...

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh! sending you good vibes and hopefully you're already in the hospital by now :-) love the sweater! it is too cute. hope you have a safe delivery!! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for an easy delivery & a healthy baby! I know s/he will be well dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm..... things are a little quiet here.... wonder if some baby business is happening!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is what I get for disappearing for a few months as my schedule exploded. Wow! Hope you have had a safe delivery and Elise is excited about her new baby sib. I maintain that this year is the year of the baby - everyone is pregnant! Well, not me, but I'm ok with that. I just want to knit baby things for everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete