Monday, January 13, 2014

A Christmas Tradition

If I can accomplish the same task two years in a row, it becomes a tradition.  I know, I have low expectations, but for this phase of our lives... it's all about baby steps.

Last year for Christmas, I planned on knitting the kids matching sweaters.

This is as far as I got before I decided to throw in the towel and go for a couple hats.


This year, I completely forgot about the matching Christmas sweater nonsense and went straight for a couple of matching hats.


I think they turned out great.  They look like little presents topped with a pom-pom bow- perfect!


Hope your holiday season was wonderful.  It was some good down time for us and it helped rejuvenate us all a bit.  I mean, heck- a blog post?!  That's a big deal! 



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. The children look adorable in their matching hats and pjs! I love the idea of hats in place of sweaters. There's a lot of pressure surrounding holiday preparations, why not make life a little easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about traditions is that you have to keep in mind why you do it and that you may be doing it for a long time. With that in mind, hats are perfect! Their heads are only going to get so big! Sweaters? They keep growing! My youngest, of 4, is now 21 and last year I announced that I am no longer giving each "child" an ornament each year. One reason is that our tree can't hold them all (everyone comes home for Christmas) and it's no longer fun. (They took it well) I could switch to hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, they are so super cute! Love those hats. And Matching hats are far more sane a goal than matching sweaters. And those matching pjs, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hats! And your little boy's grin is priceless. I felt a little bad about not really having anything for my bub's first Christmas, but maybe a hat is a solution for next year!

    ReplyDelete