Friday, July 8, 2016

Favorite Summer Tee

It started slow...

And at first, I wasn't really sure how I felt about working with Linen yarn.  But, slowly the project began to take form...

Until I had a substantial piece and could really start to understand the beauty of linen fabric.

And then came time for sleeves:

Which admittedly took longer than they should have.
But then, sweet completion!
And this fit!

Raveled: here

This summer my linen tee has been getting much wear.  It's true what they say about linen- softer with each wash/wear.  It's beauty truly lies in its drape and feel, which only grows softer and comfier with each wear.

Here's the inspiration tee with the handknit tee- math is a beautiful thing, my friends!

And for those wondering: yes- I will be writing up a pattern, but not immediately. It will be something I work on this winter for release early spring. There are some other projects taking my time these days- more on that soon... 😉




5 comments:

  1. aww, rats! was thinking it would be fun right now :), it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made 2 summer tops with flax. Miley Tee is super but I am at a standstill on the other. Seams to finish and I want them to be sturdy. Will give it a go. Will you be publishing your pattern? It is lovely.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made 2 summer tops with flax. Miley Tee is super but I am at a standstill on the other. Seams to finish and I want them to be sturdy. Will give it a go. Will you be publishing your pattern? It is lovely.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I might even try it once you write up a pattern, and I never have any luck with lace - but this looks like it might be doable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Please hurry with your pattern. This top is PERFECT for summer!

    ReplyDelete