Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Knitterella, Knitterella

A couple weeks ago I had the priveledge of attending Yarn Harlot Day with my new friend Jill. In the online/blogosphere world, Jill is commonly known as Knitterella.

A graphic designer by day, Jill combines her love for knitting with her artistic ability to bring knitters everywhere one-of-a-kind knitting stationary. Not only is the stationary creative and beautiful, but it is also hilarious. When we went to the Detroit Public Library to see the Yarn Harlot, Jill debuted her new line of humor note cards ( to follow up with her humor gift tags).

Note cards includes saying such as, "I'll show you my stash if you show me yours" and "If knitting is wrong I don't want to be right".

My favorite, though, are some of the gift tags. It is impossible for a knitter to read these tags and not crack a smile. "I made this especially for you. Even if you don't like it please act like you do!" and "Just because it's handmade doesn't mean it was cheap" are a couple of my favorite. You can check out the rest of the line here in the Knitterella store.

Jill's gift tags have recently shown up in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, and Knit Simple magazines. If you think they look familiar, this is probably why!

So, not only does Jill run a fabulous knitting blog (which needs to be added to your Google Reader!), she is also hard at work creating wonderful gifts specifically geared at the knitting community. I can't wait to see what she adds to her line next!

5 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her cards around Christmas time and her snark is right up my alley! I love the fun colors too. Tres cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well heck, that's one good advertisement! Off to check out here blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the awesome post! Such kind words. Very generous of you to give me this great advertisement. LOVE the photo you took of my stationery too!

    ReplyDelete