Monday, February 7, 2011

Knit Michigan

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending Knit Michigan in Bloomfield Hills.  Joe came and we also brought Elise, who proudly sported her new mittens. She was quite the hit, and I think the whole day wore her out a bit:



I was spotted by Rachel (aka averysmom29) who recognized Elise and I by our mittens, and got to meet up with my knitterly friend Erica:


And saw a model sporting my Lansing Cowl design (knit in Kollage Glisten):


 I also met Andrea (actually, I met her at Rhinebeck, but we got another chance to chat) who was showing off her new collaboration with Jul

I guess the best way to describe them is this:  button-looking things that go on your knitted goods. They aren't actually buttons, they screw into your knits, making them completely awesome because (1) you don't have to take the time to sew them on garments and (2) you can take them out of one garment and use them on the other. She has a few simple patterns that are designed around these buttons- this one is my favorite (knit in The Fibre Company Organik):

Yarn stores are just starting to get these in stock, as they were just released at TNNA last month.  Knit Michigan was actually the first retail market they appeared at. 

And finally, I'm sure many are wondering what I walked away with.  Although my quantity is not great- the quality is amazing...


Ahhh...Dream in Color Baby in colorway Happy Forest.  This was the first time I've seen the colorway in person and it was too amazing to pass up.  I've been looking for it ever since I fell in love after seeing the colorway in these projects.  Hope your weekend had as much knitterly fun!

15 comments:

  1. go andrea! she's the best.
    i'm so glad you got to see her awesome buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Elise is out cold! She's so cute. :)

    That is an amazing shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby photo is fantastic ! How cute ! The mittens too are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Elise is so sweet! Love the mittens too. And the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That might be the right color green to get me out of my only-buying-blue-or-grey-yarn streak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow Michigander (living in Georgia now but originally from A2). Looks like everyone had fun and Elise is adorable !!! Cute mittens also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to meet up with your family at Knit Michigan and catch up with you! You all look so happy. Such a nice family. I blogged about our day too:
    http://eknits.net/2011/02/knit-michigan/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - how much fun! And I love the Happy Forest you took home! Can't wait to see what it'll turn into!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun was had by all (or at least a good nap). I am going to be camping out waiting for the buttons - I am sick to death of button holes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elise is so darn cute! :) Looks like you had fun. I miss you girls - can't wait to see you both in March!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the post! I loved seeing your super-cute family and the mittens really are too cool! I am glad Elise helps you knit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe you convinced your husband to join you - and carry the baby to boot! Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

    More Than A Mom @ morethana-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE those mittens you made for Elise! I can't wait for the pattern!
    Thanks for sharing! :D

    Rachel @ www.witheverystitch.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those buttons and that yarn are decadent! Amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey- since I love your blog SOO much and your patterns, I wanted to let you know about the baby bjorn. They are not so awesome for the development of baby's spine and legs. And the facing out position is not good because of overstimulation. They need to face in so they can have a safe space- aka mama!! There are tons of places with great sales on bobas or becos which are pricey but will last for a long time. Your baby is so sweet I wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete